Real estate and construction law
A wide range of legal aspects has to be taken into consideration when building, buying or selling and using a property. For you to have sound answers to your issues at any time, it is worth cooperating with our experienced lawyers.
With its about 30 real estate and construction specialist attorneys, many of them being certified lawyers for building and architects' law or tenancy and condominium law, SNP Schlawien ranks among the biggest German law firms in the real estate sector. As a client of SNP Schlawien, you can Germany-wide always rely on cutting-edge advice on all real estate related issues. Thanks to the personal support by one of our partners leading the team for your project, we guarantee pragmatic, effective and economically viable solutions for you as well as unambiguous recommendations for your actions.
Comprehensive advice and representation
Our team will be pleased to advise you on all real estate and construction matters: Whether preparing due diligence reports or drafting contracts for the acquisition and sale of real estate portfolios or real estate companies, drafting financing and asset management agreements or defending your claims in court as part of the receivables management. The same applies for project development until the completion of the building stage or the subsequent support for realized assets, respectively.
As a matter of course, we also take on the enforcement of and defence against claims in complex building and construction court proceedings. We solve legal conflicts in an efficient and timely manner to avoid lengthy and costly litigations. An exact analysis - also on site - and the communication with all parties involved in the conflict are equally important to us in this context.
In collaboration with our corporate law, banking law and tax law specialists and in close cooperation with building professionals, project controllers, specialist engineers and management consultants, we can offer you integral, interdisciplinary advice tailored to your needs . The notaries' practice of our Berlin and Frankfurt am Main offices supplement our range of services for you.
Our expertise - your added value
Benefit from our experience and our knowledge in the real estate sector. Our clients include, without limitation, housing associations, construction companies, property developers, investment companies, domestic and foreign institutional investors and banks, listed stock corporations, city and town administrations, architects, engineers, craftspeople, property and asset managers, foundations, private investors and project developers. With our spectrum of experience, we generate real benefits for you and your real estate project.
Our Areas of Expertise
Project development and building law
- Tendering support, public procurement procedures
- Reliable building contracts, especially general building project manager contracts, general contractor contracts, guaranteed maximum price contracts, as well syndicate contracts
- Public building law
- Architects' contracts, general planner contracts, engineers' contracts, project controlling contracts (incl. HOAI / Scale of Fees for Services by Architects and Engineers)
- Building contract in a crisis, including, but not limited to claim management; interruptions of the building process, termination; refusal of performance; insolvency of parties involved in the construction process
- Litigation; representation in expert arbitrator and arbitration proceedings
- Building developer contracts, project developments
- Securing and enforcement of claims, also in case of insolvency
- Public Private Partnership (PPP/ÖPP)
- Public and private building law relating to neighbour's rights
- In-house training courses for all parties involved in a project
- Execution of due diligence investigations
- Financing contracts and collateral for the financing of the project
- Preparation and control of acquisition and sale processes (bidding process, data room, letter of intent, exclusivity and confidentiality agreements, vendor due diligence)
- Preparation, verification and negotiation of purchase contracts for real estate and real estate companies
- Joint venture agreements
- Structuring of project companies under company law and tax law aspects
- Merger control
- Real estate agent law
Asset management / portfolio management
- Renting, leasing and administration of portfolio properties
- Operating and management contracts
- Property and facility management contracts
- Investment law advice
- Condominium law and part-ownership law
- Receivables management for residential and commercial portfolios
- Controlling/reporting focused on the client for major contingents
- Electronic communication with companies of the housing industry from the acceptance to the finalization of the mandate
- Qualified litigation with own attorneys throughout Germany
- Advice on the development and restoration of residential, commercial and industrial properties
- Public law, particularly planning law and environmental law
- In-house training courses or regular meetings for companies of the housing industry
- Advice and representation in condominium matters
- Support in a crisis, restructuring
SNP Schlawien advises LIP Invest on the purchase of a logistics property in Braunschweigmore
SNP Schlawien wins Corona litigation in commercial rental law for listed commercial landlordmore
Burkhard Rüscher awarded as top lawyer for tenancy and residential property law by FOCUS magazinemore