The entire commercial life takes place within a public-law framework ranging from European law to matters of federal law and federal land law and to local law. In many sectors and areas, not only isolated references of public law have to be observed, such as the notification of the commencement of entrepreneurial activity provided under trade law. Approval requirements and the compliance with public-law regulations, particularly the use of land and other natural resources as well as the activity in technical areas, are rather decisive too.
In times of widespread distrust of the public administration and swiftly organized opposition against projects, the preparation of a procedure to obtain a permit/an approval and the implementation of the procedure proper require profound knowledge of public law. The lawyers of SNP Schlawien have long-standing experience with the support of project sponsors in official procedures with and without the involvement of the public. The public administration too seeks our specialized legal advice, and therefore we actively represent interests before administrative courts both on behalf of private organizations and individuals as well as of public authorities.
Our areas of public law expertise
- Environmental law and plant approval law
- Water law and nature conservation law, Natura 2000, environmental impact law
- Federal Clean Air Act (BImSchG), Fuel and Electricity Industries Act (EnWG)
- Pipeline law
- Plan approval procedures
- Regional planning procedures
- Expropriation law with grants of possession
- Building law, in particular building permits, land-use plans, judicial review procedures
- Trade law, catering law
- Data protection law
- Charges and contribution matters, in particular utility connection charges law
- Waste law
- Public liability and compensation