Christof Blauß has been advising and representing credit institutions in almost all banking law matters for more than 25 years. The focus of his practice is in particular on the structuring of complex credit and loan relationships including the associated collateral agreements and investment models, the handling of non-performing loan commitments (so-called "non-performing loans") and advisor liability, e.g. in connection with brokered investment products. His area of activity also includes issues relating to banking supervision law. Christof Blauß' clients include Volks- and Raiffeisen banks, private banks, building societies and special financing institutions. Christof Blauß was one of the first professionals in Germany to be awarded the title of "Certified banking and capital markets law attorney" shortly after its introduction in 2008.
Furthermore, Christof Blauß is active in the field of corporate law, in particular corporate transactions, as well as questions of corporate structuring and real estate law. In these areas, his clients include medium-sized companies from a wide range of industries, but in particular also real estate companies. Christof Blauß acts for his clients in an advisory capacity, but also in litigation.
In addition to his work as an attorney, Christof Blauß was an honorary Secretary General of the German-Latin American Lawyers' Association TRIANA e.V. between 2004 and 2012, which is why he also works for clients with business interests in Latin America and Spain.
- Rechtsanwalt Christof Blauß regularly publishes in specialist publications on topics from his fields of activity, including
- Blauß, Christof: Kreditvertrag – Ob eine Kaskadenverweisung in den Widerrufsinformationen unzulässig ist, in: BANKMAGAZIN 7-8/2020, S. 10
- Blauß, Christof: Bank charges - the "never-ending story", in: CompRechtsPraktiker No. 9-10, 2019, p. 178 ff.
- Blauß, Christof: The "transparency register" in the light of the EU money laundering directives in: CompRechtsPraktiker No. 5-6, 2019, p. 110 ff.
- Blauß, Christof: Options of the bank when terminating a consumer loan, in: BankPraktiker Nr. 5, 2018, p. 110 ff.
- Blauß, Christof: Is there a new revocation joker?, in: CompRechtsPraktiker Nr. 7-8, 2018, p. 128 ff.
- Blauß, Christof: Buying and selling companies, in: ius-Steuern Recht Wirtschaft of Stuttgarter Zeitung and Stuttgarter Nachrichten, Spring 2018
- Regular lectures on banking law topics, including
- Staff workshops for banks
- Lectures in Latin America, among others on "El sistema bancario en Alemania despúes la crisis financia", Universidad Católica del Perú, Lima 9/2009; "El derecho económico en Alemania", Universidad Católica de Quito, Ecuador 2006; Television discussion at "Cable Noticias Ecuador" on legal relations between Germany and Latin America, Quito 2006
- German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. / DAV)
- Working Group Banking and Capital Markets Law in the German Bar Association (DAV)
- Association under banking law (Bankrechtliche Vereinigung e.V.)