Labour law, general civil law
Bettina Wilmes-Engel provides comprehensive advice to and represents both employers – mainly medium-sized companies – and employees and members of works councils in respect of labor law, including, but not limited to the following issues:
- Termination, cease-and-desist letters
- Preparation and assessment of contracts of employment/reference letters
- Company-specific revision of contracts of employment with regard to the legal situation as applicable from time to time
- Works council hearings
- Co-determination questions of works council members
- Conciliation board proceedings
- Preparation of severance schemes
- Proceedings for a labor court order
Moreover, she assists clients in civil-law and company-law matters, too.
Ms. Wilmes-Engel studied law at the university Ruhruniversität Bochum and was admitted to the Bar in 1989. As early as 1993, she obtained the qualification as certified labor law attorney.
She started her legal career at a labor law firm in Cologne before she moved to the Ortenau in 1991 and worked for law firms in Kehl and Offenburg for many years, during which she provided labor law advice to a large number of medium-sized companies and employees and represented them in court.
In 2017, she transferred her main place of residence to Freiburg for family reasons.
- Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. (DAV)
- Freiburger Anwaltsverein e.V.
- Vorstandsmitglied der Arbeitsgemeinschaft Arbeitsrecht im Freiburger Anwaltverein e.V.