Prof. Dr. Rainer Hausmann
Inheritance law, company succession, international contract, corporate and inheritance law, arbitration
Prof. Dr. Rainer Hausmann provides comprehensive advice on international private law and procedural law, particularly on international matrimonial regime law and inheritance law, but also on German inheritance law, mainly as to the drafting of dispositions by will and shareholder agreements relating to corporate succession.
Prof. Hausmann is the editor of numerous standard works on international private law and procedural law, as well as on inheritance law. He studied law at the universities of Würzburg, Berlin (FU / "Free University") and Munich and passed his first state examination in Würzburg in the year 1971. Subsequently, he completed his post-graduate traineeship in the district of the Munich Higher Regional Court, where he passed the second state examination in 1975. From 1971 until the awarding of his doctorate in 1978, he worked as scientific assistant at the International Law Institute of the Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich. There, he qualified as a professor in 1986 and then he acted as substitute professor in Regensburg and Heidelberg and as extraordinary professor in Erlangen-Nuremberg. Concurrently, he worked as attorney at law with a big law firm in Munich from 1986 until 1990. In 1990, he was offered a post as full professor at the chair of civil law, international private law and procedural law as well as comparative law at the University of Constance (Konstanz). There, he taught from 1990 until 2009. Since then, he has been working as expert and arbitrator and - in 2014 - he started to work as attorney at law in Munich again, too. Since 2006, he has been training certified inheritance law attorneys in Schwetzingen as part of their further qualification.
- Hausmann, Rainer; Odersky, Felix: International Private Law in Notarial and Design Practice, 4th edition, Munich, 2021
- Hausmann, Rainer; Ferid, Murat; Firsching, Karl; Dörner, Heinrich: Internationales Erbrecht, Loseblatt, 2017
- Hausmann, Rainer; Jayme, Erik: Internationales Privat- und Verfahrensrecht, 18. Auflage, München, 2016
- Hausmann, Rainer: Internationales und Europäisches Ehescheidungsrecht, München, 2013
- Hausmann, Rainer; Simons, Thomas: Unalex-Kommentar zur Brüssel I-Verordnung (dreisprachig: Deutsch, Französisch, Italienisch), München, 2012/13
- Hausmann, Rainer; Hohloch, Gerhard: Handbuch des Erbrechts, 2. Auflage, Berlin, 2010
- Hausmann, Rainer; Bültmann, Herbert; Hohloch, Gerhard: Das Recht der nichtehelichen Lebensgemeinschaft, 2. Auflage, Berlin, 2004
- Hausmann, Rainer; Simons, Thomas: The European Legal Forum, Zeitschrift zum Internationalen und Europäischen Privatrecht (in englischer Sprache), seit 2000
- Deutscher Rat für Internationales Privatrecht
- Vereinigung für den Gedankenaustausch zwischen deutschen und italienischen Juristen e.V.
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationales Recht
- Deutsch-iranische Juristenvereinigung e.V.
- Vereinigung für internationales Verfahrensrecht e.V.