Bernd R. Neumeier
Architects' and engineers' law, private construction law, litigation, tendering law, property developers' law
Since more than 20 years, Bernd R. Neumeier has been providing advice to domestic and foreign architects' offices and engineering offices, building companies, public institutions, associations and building societies in all areas of private building law and architects law. Another major focus of his activity is on supporting and providing advice in tendering procedures based on VOF (Procedures for the Award of Freelance Supplies and Services) and VOB/A (Procedures for the Award of Public Building Orders).
In doing so, his activity encompasses all the issues arising in connection with major planning and building projects, the drafting of architects' and building contracts and consulting during the period of construction. A particular focus of his activity is on providing advice on complex billing issues relating to the HOAI (Scale of Fees for Services by Architects and Engineers) fee law as well as their enforcement in court proceedings.
Bernd R. Neumeier, born in 1967 on the shores of Lake Constance, studied law in Munich and Constance and was a collaborator at the chair of Prof. Dr. Dr. Carsten Ebenroth. After his change to Berlin, he first headed the legal department of a European construction group before expanding the building law divisions of law firms in Munich and Berlin as equity partner. In 2016, he changed to SNP Schlawien.
Bernd R. Neumeier is a visiting lecturer of the Architects' Chamber of Berlin and of the Berlin Building Chamber. He is the author of numerous specialist publications and acts as advisor to the federal land government of Berlin, central organizations of the building industry and building societies.
- Neumeier, Bernd R.: Auch Fachingenieure haften! (Specialist engineers are liable, too). In: Deutsche BauZeitschrift (German Construction Journal), 11/2016
- Neumeier, Bernd R.: Haftung aus Überschreitung der Kostenobergrenze (Liability for exceeding the cost cap). In: Deutsche BauZeitschrift (German Construction Journal), 10/2016
- Neumeier, Bernd R.: Sichtbeton - Mängel und Haftung aus rechtlicher Sicht (Exposed concrete - defects and liability under legal aspects). In: Schulz, Joachim: Handbuch Sichtbeton (Exposed concrete manual), Erkrath, 2016 (co-author)
- Neumeier, Bernd R.: Selbstständig im Planungsbüro - BDB-Tipps für Existenzgründer (Self-employed in the planning office - tips of the German Association of Builders, Architects and Engineers for founders of a new business, Backnang, 2011 (co-author)
- Deutscher Baugerichtstag e.V.