Peter Muth, M.A.
Corporate law, Litigation, Inheritance law, Italian Desk
Peter Muth is a certified trade law and company law attorney. The focus of his consulting activity is on extra-judicial conflict advice and conduct of cases in company-law and complex commercial-law litigations, as well as on transactions (M&A), particularly
- Corporate litigation: Consulting and representation in disputes between and among shareholders (e.g. dispute on adopted resolutions, disputed removal from the management and expulsion from the company) and conduct of cases involving company law (e.g. actions for avoidance and actions for annulment, preliminary injunction);
- M&A litigation: Consulting and representation in M&A disputes (e.g. violation of guarantee clauses in the corporate acquisition contract);
- D&O liability: Disputes on liability of corporate bodies;
- Consulting and representation in complex trade-law and commercial-law disputes (particularly also with regard to Italy);
- Transactions: Preparation and negotiation of corporate acquisition contracts (share deal/asset deal) and implementation of legal due diligence audits.
Peter Muth also focuses on inheritance law, in particular advising family-owned businesses on the inheritance and corporate law structuring of business transfers during their lifetime and on (litigious) corporate succession arrangements. He also advises on inheritance disputes and acts as executor.
Moreover, Peter Muth is a member of the Italian Desk of SNP. His special language skills enable him to provide advice to and represent Italian clients in Germany.
Peter Muth studied law at the Ludwig-Maximilians University in Munich and at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan. He completed his post-graduate traineeship in the Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court district. After the "assessor" (fully qualified lawyer) exam, Peter Muth worked with a German-Italian business law firm in Munich first. Since 2014, he has been working for SNP.
In parallel to his professional activity, Peter Muth studied at the Munich School of Philosophy of the Jesuits and takes his PhD in philosophy there while continuing his activity as attorney.
- Leierseder, Ulrich; Muth, Peter: Zur Konkretisierung des "wichtigen Grundes" für den Ausschluss eines Kommanditisten aus einem Familienunternehmen (GmbH & Co. KG). Kommentar zu LG Ulm, Urteil vom 18.05.2018 - 11 O 36/17, in: FuS – Zeitschrift für Familienunternehmen und Strategie, 06/2018, S. 206 ff.
- Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V.(German Association of Attorneys)
- Deutsch-Italienische Juristenvereinigung e.V.(German-Italian Lawyers’ Association)
- Vereinigung der Freunde des Maximilians-Gymnasiums in München e. V.
- pro philosophia e.V. Freunde und Alumni der Hochschule für Philosophie