Dr. Philipp Schlawien
Corporate law (particularly M&A, PE, Venture Capital), General civil law
Dr. Philipp Schlawien provides advice to companies and private investors on all company law and business law matters. His consulting services are focused primarily on national and cross-border transactions in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, private equity as well as venture capital, including in particular
- the preparation and negotiation of purchase agreements for share deals and asset deals;
- the preparation and negotiation of shareholders’ agreements as well as investment agreements in connection with the acquisition of interests (e.g. financing rounds for start-ups);
- the implementation of legal due diligence audits as well as preparation of the respective due diligence reports;
- general consulting on company law and capital markets law (e.g. implementation of new company law structures);
- the assessment of general civil law, business law and company law issues.
Prior to his joining SNP Schlawien in October 2015, Dr. Philipp Schlawien worked for an international U.S. law firm with head office in New York in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, private equity as well as venture capital.
Dr. Philipp Schlawien was recognised by Best Lawyers in the ranking "The Best Lawyers in Germany" in the area of corporate law and by Handelsblatt in the ranking "Germany's Best Lawyers" in the area of corporate law.
- Europäische Privatgesellschaft und englische Limited, Rechtsvergleichende Untersuchung der Satzungsfreiheit der Gesellschafter im Innenverhältnis, Verlag Dr. Kovac, 2014
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV - German Association of Attorneys)
- Münchener Anwaltverein (MAV - Munich Bar Association)
- Haileybury Society