Through our Canadian Desk, we offer a broad range of business law advice to Canadian companies that want to operate in the German market or are already active here. We also support our German clients seeking access to the Canadian market or wishing to expand existing business relationships.
Trade relations between Germany and Canada have grown steadily over the past years and in the future, the full ratification of the CETA trade agreement between the EU and Canada will offer even more opportunities for German and Canadian companies.
Thanks to our many years of experience in advising Canadian and German companies, we can guarantee ideal legal advice. Thus, our lawyers are very familiar with the respective particularities in Germany & Canada and can therefore offer custom-fit legal advice in English and German.
With Mr. Richard Rummel, LL.M. our Canadian Desk can rely on an experienced lawyer in cross-border German-Canadian legal relations. Mr. Rummel is also a member of several German-Canadian chambers or associations and has an extensive network in the field of German-Canadian trade relations.
Mr. Moritz Pohle, LL.M. Eur has also handled numerous mandates with a German-Canadian connection and is very familiar with the interests of companies in this area. In addition, he has in-depth knowledge of international business law as well as experience in a foreign international law firm.
We advise Canadian companies in particular on the following aspects:
- Choice of the right legal form, incorporation of companies as well as other legal advice in connection with market entry planning.
- general commercial and corporate law advice (e.g., in connection with intra-group restructurings)
- (cross-border) mergers & acquisitions, private equity and venture capital (e.g. acquisition of stakes in companies in Canada or Germany)
- Drafting and negotiating distribution, agency and agency agreements
- Protection of intellectual property, such as patents, trademarks and designs
- other general support of day-to-day business activities
- Claims management
- Litigation and legal advice in court proceedings
- Financial and payroll accounting, preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns
Our Canadian Desk is the first point of contact for all legal issues relating to German-Canadian business transactions. In order to achieve the best results for our clients, we also work with selected Canadian law firms and lawyers when necessary. Our broad network provides access to tax advisors, business consultants and commercial firms with specialised knowledge (e.g. relocation services) in Canada as well as in Germany.
Our Canadian Desk will be happy to advise you on all your business activities in Germany and Canada. Please contact us by phone or e-mail.